Sunday, December 14, 2008

Baby Girl

Can anyone find a common theme to these pictures?




I blame it all on myself. Hi, my name is Aleesha aka ma, and I am a baby enabler. I need your opinion.... should I crack down on all the baby behavior in Maya, or should I continue to think that it's cute? I'm her mom and of course thinks anything she does is cute. So I need an objective opinion. Is this or is this not acceptable?

8 comments:

Jenny Kapp said...

I think that the bouncer chair and the swing are just fine. They are just fun toys. As for the bottle..maybe discourage. But the binky...sorry, no no!! They are all really cute pictures though!

Anonymous said...

Personally, I stopped caring what others thought by the time my girls came around, and like I told you last night, Skyla had a binky and a bottle at night all through Reese's infancy, until she herself told me that big girls don't have bottles and she was done with it. No blood, sweat, or tears. That was just before she turned 3. Some may gasp at that, but WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL? Reese also smoothly transitioned out of both the bottle and the binky just after she turned 2 with a little encouragement from us, but not a lot of stress. I did keep the binky in the bed and stopped letting them walk around with it during the day or take it places. Bottles were only for bedtime too. That helps. You're not the only one who thinks that everything Maya does is cute! Whatever you feel good about is right for you!

Diana said...

I'm with Dr. Kapp - it's time for the Binky and bottle to go. But it's perfect timing if you work it right... maybe have her help wrap up her binky in wrapping paper and leave it for Santa with a promise that Santa just loves "Big girls" and promises to take could care of it and leave her something extra special. Let me know if you need any help, I happen to have great connects with the man in the big red suit if you need him to show up on your door step.

Shaury said...

That's an awfully big baby you have there, but ever so cute. I say, to each his own. Whatever works best for you & little Maya, but you don't want to enable her to be a baby forever, you want to enable her to be a big girl. So as long as your headed in that direction I think your fine.

Becky A said...

Little Maya is adorable. I was always anti-binky and bottle with my babies, but I have also learned that whatever works best for mommy and baby (or big girl) is what you should do...I highly doubt she will be headed to kindergarten, or even preschool with the bottle or the bink. :)

jaclyn said...

she's to cute to care! kids eventually get off the bottle & binkey,,, i've yet to see any adults with them!

Jeni said...

I'm so with Mandy...she'll grow out of it...how many kids in high school walk around with a baby bottle?
Kids grow up too fast as it is.
I think the "encouragement" to give it up is the key.
After a bit of encouragement, mine ended up throwing their binky away.

Tanya said...

I agree with Jaclyn. We are binky LOVERS at our house. Rhody's most recent is sucking on 2 binkies at once. I think you get rid of it when it's time for her.