Saturday, October 25, 2008

High School Musical

So I took my boys to see High School Musical 3 today. To my surprise, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I was going to. The first one I thought was pretty good, the second one was just alright, but the third one I really enjoyed. Maybe it was because it was on the big screen, or maybe it was the mood I was in. I got the goosebumps during the opening scene when cutie Zac Efron came on screen, and I got a little teary eyed at the end when they all graduated. It hit me as a little sad that this whole High School Musical phenomenon is coming to an end. Okay, maybe I shouldn't be admitting all this. But I like cheesiness and I'm not afraid to say it. Thank heavens I have little kids now so I have an excuse to go see all the fun kid shows.

16 comments:

Brooke and Cody said...

Ok I'm not leaving a comment about HighSchool Musical 3 but I wanted to say HELLO to a long lost friend. It's Brooke and I found your blog off of Stacy's blog, hope you don't mind. It looks like your doing well and please email me or leave a comment on our blog: www.brookeandcody.blogspot.com
Love,
Brooke

Amy said...

I still haven't watched them. But I plan to watch the first two and then take my girls (and Jax) I am not sure if he will admit he likes it- but he secretly will- just like all the barbie movies he has to sit through :)
Anyway- anyone have the movies so we can watch them? Should we have a high school musical girls night?
Aleesha- thanks for admitting your teariness :)

jaclyn said...

i think hsm 2 is better then the first! taking the kiddos on thursday! so excited!

Aleesha said...

Amy, I have both high school musicals if you want to borrow them.

Jaclyn, are you kidding me girl! The second one was by far the worst of all three!

Angie said...

Kamayla so wants to go to High School Musical 3. She keeps on watching the first High School Musical everyday, because she keeps seeing High School Musical 3 advertised on the television. I need to barrow High School Musical 2 from you.

Maria said...

I haven't seen the second one, will I be totally lost if I just go straight to the third? HA!

Seriously though, I'm probably going to go see this because my Relief Society is basically freaking out over this movie. We were supposed to go see it on Friday, but it was sold out.

I'm sure the boys loved it too.

Jenny Kapp said...

I can't wait to see the new one! Elise is going crazy waiting. I am with you though, the second is the worst. I do like some of the songs, but a little dry compared to the first! So fun!!

Tiffany & Co. said...

I haven't seen any of them. But if they're really that good, maybe I should!

Shaury said...

I'm glad you can admit your love for the cheese. I'm not so proud to say that I'm very excited to see High School Musical 3. It's that cute Zac, darn him.

Diane B said...

You weren't home for donut delivery...we only try once.
Love ya

Becky A said...

Haven't seen it yet, my girls went with their aunt, so I missed out. Can't wait though! and I agree, the 2nd one was just ok...

Jeni said...

I can't wait to take the girls to go see it. I'm so glad to hear you liked it!

Becky A said...

p.s. is "Devil..." seriously the longest book you've read? that surprises me! Do you mean that literally, or did it just FEEL long? what about the grapes of wrath? I'm glad you finished it...one of the few!

Aleesha said...

Becky, it just felt long. It felt like it was the never ending book. Very interesting and informative... but just LONG.

Becky A said...

I agree. and I got to thinking that HAD to be what you meant. Harry Potter is way longer. This was like reading a history book, right?

Angie said...

I LOVE the twilight ticker!!! eeek, can't wait. Sorry I couldn't comment about HSM 3 first. I also liked the movie, but the cheesie parts were definitely xtra cheesie. I wish they didn't have to do that, but it was still a good flick and it was hard not to get up and dance with a few of the songs! I probably wouldn't have liked 2 as much either but then Brooks started his perfect version of Bet On It and I was sold.
19 days feels like an eternity!