My sweet Lukey Lou turned 8 at the end of July. This was a day he'd been looking forward to for a long time. For months he would bring up how excited he was to turn 8 and get baptized.
The Sunday before he turned 8 Grandma Merrill made him a special birthday dinner.
The Sunday before he turned 8 Grandma Merrill made him a special birthday dinner.
The #1 thing on his birthday list was to get a bike. He also wanted a mini basketball and a Nintendo gift card (which of course he got also).
To celebrate he was able to invite one friend (of course he invited his bff Brooksie) and we went to Classic Fun Center. After that we went to the drive in movie's and saw Cars 2. It was a really fun day!
Luke thought this was the most awesome cake he'd ever seen. He couldn't stop giggling when I lit up the sparklers.
Lucky for Luke, he was able to be baptized just a few days after his birthday. All morning long he was smiling from ear to ear. I'm so glad that he was that excited to get baptized. About a month before his baptism day I sat down with him and told him that it was his choice and nobody else's to get baptized. I told him to pray about the things that our church teaches and then if he truly believes in it, then he should make the choice himself to be baptized. I don't think there was a question in his mind though about getting baptized. He KNEW that's what he wanted to do, and he KNEW that our church is true. I'm very proud of him.
During the baptism and confirmation I felt the spirit very strongly. When they asked all the worthy priesthood holders to come up for the confirmation I noticed how small in numbers we were. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks that I was forgetting that Travis was there too. There's not a doubt in my mind that he was there too. During the confirmation Matt said the most beautiful prayer. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband that can be so in tune with the spirit. The words that came out of his mouth were Heaven sent and meant just for Luke.
During the baptism and confirmation I felt the spirit very strongly. When they asked all the worthy priesthood holders to come up for the confirmation I noticed how small in numbers we were. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks that I was forgetting that Travis was there too. There's not a doubt in my mind that he was there too. During the confirmation Matt said the most beautiful prayer. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband that can be so in tune with the spirit. The words that came out of his mouth were Heaven sent and meant just for Luke.
3 comments:
There are so many reasons I love your blog. You always have cute ideas, you always have funny stories, but mostly you inspire me as a mom. :) I want to be just like you.
I wish I could've been there! Sounds like the perfect day for Luke. I'm so proud of him.
Fun couple of posts. Luke is a cute guy. He is going to steal hearts! Loved the NYC pics too. What a vacay!
Post a Comment