By now this is old news, but it's too good not to have documented. A few weeks ago Isaac, Luke, Cooper, and Brooks performed in their school talent show. They danced to Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson. Now when the offer to do this arose, I was a little hesitant. I just didn't want my boys to get up there and embarrass themselves. Not that I doubt their dancing abilities (ok, maybe I doubted Isaac's a little, but he proved me wrong), I just wasn't sure how it would be received from the rest of the school. I guess I've watched too many shows where elementary kids are cruel and mean. But there was no way I was standing in their way of doing this. Because of my love of Michael Jackson, Isaac has been exposed and also began to love him since he was old enough to talk. He's wanted to do a Michael Jackson dance for years in the talent show. And of course Luke is always good to be on board with just about anything. So after days and days of hard practice (and I mean hard... they practiced every day after school for an hour the two weeks prior to the performance) they finally were able to show their stuff. Of all the races ran, three point shots and home runs my boys have made, I think this made me more proud than anything. It was the most entertaining/cutest/coolest thing I have ever seen! When they performed it for the older group of kids at their school the crowd loved it! They were clapping and cheering through the whole performance. After they were done, the boys were known as celebrities in the school. Everyone came up to them to tell them how cool it was and they wanted them to show them how to do the moves. My boys were on cloud nine!
Fourth of July fun.
12 years ago
3 comments:
I think that is the coolest thing I have ever seen. And they were so "in sync"...ha! Love it!!! Sure miss those dudes!
I'm so glad you documented this. I had no idea! You need to think about your relatives out in the mid-west. I need to know what's going on too! And that was just too good to miss.
We are still watching this almost every day at Barbie brick. It was so fun. Thanks for helping the boys polish it up!
Post a Comment